Winners! 2018 Falls Church “Scenes in the City” Plein Air Festival
Hundreds of Falls Church–area residents were on hand for the 9th annual “Scenes in the City” Plein Air Festival awards on Saturday, June 16, 2018. Juror Bernard Dellario, president of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters, chose seven of the prize winners. The exhibiting artists voted for their favorite work to receive the Artists Choice Award, while more than 220 members of the public cast their ballots for the People’s Choice Award.
Winners of the 2018 Plein Air Festival, sponsored by Falls Church Arts, are:
- Patricia Walach Keough – Don Beyer Volvo-KIA Plein Air Prize – 1st Place $1,250
- Patricia Walach Keough – The Young Group Artists Choice Award – $1,000
- Jill Banks – New Editions Consulting Prize – $750
- Caitlin Hillyard – Rock Star Realty Group Prize – $600
- Patricia Walach Keough – The Kensington Prize – $500
- Robert Gilbert – People’s Choice Award (FCA) $350
- Jill Banks – FCA President’s Prize $350
- Rajendra KC – Famille Cafe Prize $250
- Christina Girardi and Veronica Howard (tie) – Diener & Associates Prize – $250
The State Theater, Falls Church Farmers Market, shop windows, and historic sites were among the favored scenes captured during the two-month festival.