l to r: Juror awarding Barb Cram prize to Alison Landry. Tori McKinney (Rock Star Realty) with juror and winner of Second Place, Christina Blake. Juror awarding Quick Draw First Place to Dipali Ribadiya
Artists competed for over $5,000 in prizes at the 14th annual Falls Church Arts Plein Air Festival competition September 30 on the Falls Church City Hall grounds. The competition featured not only works by artists who painted outdoor scenes around the city during the previous two weeks but also works completed by artists during a three-hour “Quick Draw” competition that morning.
Around 500 onlookers cast votes for the People’s Choice Award winner, Northside Social by Rajendra KC. Juror Alexia Scott selected the remaining prize winners:
- First Place, sponsored by Beyer Auto Group (Northside Social, Rajendra KC)
- Second Place, sponsored by Rock Star Realty Group (Midday at St. James, Christina Blake)
- Third Place, (Social Hour, Jill Banks)
- Barbara Cram Plein Air Prize, sponsored by Falls Church Arts (House on the Hill, Alison Landry)
- Honorable Mention, (Cones, Dipali Rabadiya)
- Honorable Mention, (Rainy State, Lynn Lewis)
Quick Draw Awards went to:
- Quick Draw First Place, sponsored by June Beyer Art (Farmers Market, Dipali Rabadiya)
- Quick Draw Second Place, sponsored by June Beyer Art (Baskets, Lynn Lewis
- Quick Draw Third Place, sponsored by June Beyer Art (Cherry Hill Farm, Tony Neville)
In addition to Beyer Auto Group and Rock Star Realty, prize sponsors included New Editions Consulting, Kensington Senior Living, Erin Flynn, and Founders Row by Mill Creek.