Leslie Ava Shaw
Leslie Ava Shaw is a transplant to the DMV from New York City, where she conducted tours for the Whitney Museum of American Art, taught art history at the college level, presented lectures in a variety of venues, and conducted private tours of Chelsea galleries with a focus on contemporary art. She also wrote art reviews for two small publications. Presently, she is a gallery guide for the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
As a curator, her list of exhibitions include:
- The Sky’s The Limit: Paintings by Jeanette Cohen, Loving Cup Vineyard and Winery, North Garden, VA, March 2017
- Yearnings: Works by Jeanette Cohen and Stacey Evans, New City Arts, Charlottesville, VA, June 2015
- Shifting Elements: Artists Using Materials in Unique Ways, St. Joseph’s College, Brooklyn, Fall 2011
- The Many Faces of Eve, Mirabella Gallery, NYC 1997
- Gestures: Abstract Forms, Altered Meanings: Work by Rose Hermann, Libby Seaberg, and Anne Elliott, 568 Broadway, NYC 1994
- Domestic Threads: Work by Debra Chase, The Culture Center, NYC 1994
- From Dusk to Dawn: Paintings by Robert Terry, The Lobby Gallery, NYC 1992
As a member of Saint Joseph’s College Arts Council from 2004 to 2012, she co-juried and co-curated numerous exhibitions and wrote critical essays.