Paint outdoors in Falls Church City April 13 thru June 14. Festival and Quick Draw Competitions on Saturday, June 15 – 10:00 am. Juror: Glen Kessler
Quick Draw Competition – 8 am to 11 am
Quick Draw is open to all levels and all ages. Artists register ($10 entry fee) at the Quick Draw table on June 15 and create their plein air works between 8 am and 11 am.
Winners of both competitions announced at noon,
Falls Church Farmers Market, Falls Church City Hall Grounds
- Fill out entry form. (Skip to entry form)
- Upload a JPG image of one of your recent Plein Air paintings as a sample of your work and pay your one-time entry fee online.
- Have supports stamped.
$5 per stamp for each artwork support – canvases, papers, etc – prior to doing your work.
- FALLS CHURCH ARTS, 700-B West Broad Street – Tues.- Sat. 11 am-6 pm, Sun. 1-4 pm
- FCA at The Falls Church Farmer’s Market, corner of Park Avenue and Little Falls Street – Saturdays, 9 am to noon (weather permitting)
- Art and Frame of Falls Church, 205 West Jefferson Street – Mon. – Sat., 10 am-6 pm
Plein Air Prizes
- Don Beyer Volvo-KIA Plein Air Prize – 1st Place $1,250*
- The Young Group Artists Choice Award – $1,000
- New Editions Consulting Prize – $750
- June Beyer Art Quick Draw Prizes – $750
- Rock Star Realty Group Prize – $600*
- The Kensington Prize – $500
- The People’s Choice Award (FCA) $350
- The FCA President’s Prize $350
- Famille Cafe Prize $250
- Diener & Associates Prize – $250*
*2018 prize amount; 2019 amount to be confirmed
Consider painting scenes at these and other attractions in the City of Falls Church:
- Cherry Hill Farmhouse and Barn, 300 block, Park Ave.
- City Hall, 300 Park Ave.
- Community Center, 223 Little Falls St.
- Mary Riley Styles Public Library, 120 N. Virginia Ave.
- Falls Church Farmers Market, every Saturday, at City Hall Parking Lot
14 City Parks (descriptions and map)
The Eden Center, Wilson Blvd. at Seven Corners
The Falls Church, Fairfax and S. Washington Sts.
The State Theater, 220 N. Washington St.
Tinner Hill Historic Sites: 106-108 Tinner Hill Rd., 307 S. Maple Ave., S. Washington St. and Tinner Hill Rd.
Washington and Old Dominion (W&OD) Trail
Houses on the National Register, including the Birch House, 312 E. Broad St., and Mount Hope, 203 S. Oak St.
Buildings on the Victorian Walking Tour
Commercial and Residential Streetscapes throughout the City