Instructor: Bernard Dellario
Saturday & Sunday │ Feb 23 & 24 │10:00 am–3:00 pm │ $175 │ All levels │ FCA Gallery, 700-B W. Broad St., Falls Church
Take your field sketch painting to the next level.
By using field sketches painted on location or your own photo references, you will learn how to use this material as a departure point for a bigger, more fully realized studio painting. This will be a structured approach session covering the following:
- How to decide on the best composition for your finished painting by using “value plans”
- How to translate your field sketch/photo reference into a larger-sized canvas.
- Using a limited palette to create color harmony in your painting
- How to maintain the fresh look of your field sketch in your studio painting
Although the class will be primarily focused on the oil painting medium, other mediums will be accepted.
Bernard Dellario (bjdellario.com)
From the beautiful to the discarded, I am inspired by many things as an artist. I rarely know what will be the subject of my painting efforts but once discovered I strive to articulate that reality into a simple collection of abstract shape and color.
Bernard earned a bachelor’s degree from Kings College in Wilkes-Barre, PA, and has studied art at the Art League School in Alexandria, VA. In addition, he has taken several workshops with national well-known painters. He has been a member of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters since 2003 and currently serves on the President. He exhibits and has won awards through several venues in the Washington, DC, metro area.
- Hot/Cool National Juried Show, Gallery Underground – May 2018, Honorable Mention, Judge: Glen Kessler
- Raymar Art Painting Competition, 7th Annual Competition – July 2013, Finalist, Judge: Peggy Kroll Roberts
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters-April 2013, First Place, WSLP Centennial Exhibition
- Water Media Showcase Magazine-April 2011, Honorable Mention, National Competition
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters-November 2009/2010, Honorable Mention and Second Place, Annual Banquet Awards
- Artists Magazine – July 2008, Finalist, 25th Annual Art Competition
- Paint Wayne-May 2008, Honorable Mention, Juror: Roger Dale Brown
- Plein Air Easton-July 2007, Best New Artist to Plein Air Easton, Juror: Ken Backhaus
- Mid Shore Plein Air Competition-June 2007, Third Place, Juror: Lee Boynton
- Delaplaine Art Center – Washington Society of Landscape Painters Exhibit 2017
- Capitol Hill Arts Workshop Faculty Exhibit – Jan 2015
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters Centennial Exhibit 2013
- Marlboro Gallery-99 Years and Counting 2011
- University of Maryland-The Bay and Beyond 2010
- Strathmore Hall-Landscapes Near and Far-Nov 2009
- The Athenaeum-Protected Landscapes-Nov 2008
- Wayne PA Plein Air Festival-May 2008
- PGCC Community College-Group Show-February 2008
- Plein Air Easton-July 2007