Instructor: Bernard Dellario
Saturday │ Feb 2 │10:00 am–1:00 pm │ $120 (includes supplies) │ all levels │ FCA Gallery, 700-B W. Broad St., Falls Church
A limited palette can be a very powerful tool in your painting arsenal. By understanding the relationship of the primary, secondary and complementary colors, your paintings will take on a unified look. This exercise gives you the confidence to know that you can mix most any natural color by using true primaries.
Students will work together to create an expanded color chart by mixing pure colors, which are then modulated with white and complementary tones. At the end of this three-hour session each student will have their very own color chart that can be used as a reference for future painting. All materials will be provided.
Bernard Dellario (bjdellario.com)
From the beautiful to the discarded, I am inspired by many things as an artist. I rarely know what will be the subject of my painting efforts but once discovered I strive to articulate that reality into a simple collection of abstract shape and color.
Bernard earned a bachelor’s degree from Kings College in Wilkes-Barre, PA, and has studied art at the Art League School in Alexandria, VA. In addition, he has taken several workshops with national well-known painters. He has been a member of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters since 2003 and currently serves on the President. He exhibits and has won awards through several venues in the Washington, DC, metro area.
- Hot/Cool National Juried Show, Gallery Underground – May 2018, Honorable Mention, Judge: Glen Kessler
- Raymar Art Painting Competition, 7th Annual Competition – July 2013, Finalist, Judge: Peggy Kroll Roberts
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters-April 2013, First Place, WSLP Centennial Exhibition
- Water Media Showcase Magazine-April 2011, Honorable Mention, National Competition
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters-November 2009/2010, Honorable Mention and Second Place, Annual Banquet Awards
- Artists Magazine – July 2008, Finalist, 25th Annual Art Competition
- Paint Wayne-May 2008, Honorable Mention, Juror: Roger Dale Brown
- Plein Air Easton-July 2007, Best New Artist to Plein Air Easton, Juror: Ken Backhaus
- Mid Shore Plein Air Competition-June 2007, Third Place, Juror: Lee Boynton
- Delaplaine Art Center – Washington Society of Landscape Painters Exhibit 2017
- Capitol Hill Arts Workshop Faculty Exhibit – Jan 2015
- Washington Society of Landscape Painters Centennial Exhibit 2013
- Marlboro Gallery-99 Years and Counting 2011
- University of Maryland-The Bay and Beyond 2010
- Strathmore Hall-Landscapes Near and Far-Nov 2009
- The Athenaeum-Protected Landscapes-Nov 2008
- Wayne PA Plein Air Festival-May 2008
- PGCC Community College-Group Show-February 2008
- Plein Air Easton-July 2007