Falls Church “Scenes in the City” now in its 8th year
- Go to www.FallsChurchArts.org/shows and enter the Plein Air Festival.
- Upload one of your recent Plein Air paintings as a sample of your work and also pay your fee online.
- Have supports stamped at a location named below.
$5 per stamp for each painting support – canvases and papers – prior to doing your work. Notify FCA where you are painting and a photographer will take photos of artists at work for promotional purposes and to authenticate you are working “en plein air.”
Support stamping is available at:
FALLS CHURCH ARTS, 700-B West Broad Street – Mon.-Fri. 11 am to 6 pm
FCA @ The Falls Church Farmer’s Market, corner of Park Avenue and Little Falls Street – Sat., 9 am to noon (weather permitting)
Art and Frame of Falls Church, 205 West Jefferson Street – Mon.-Sat., 10 am to 6 pm
Members – $27.50, plus $5 per support stamp
Non-members – $37.50, plus $5 per support stamp
Plein Air Prizes
- Don Beyer Volvo-KIA Plein Air Prize – 1st Place $1,000
- The Young Group Artist Choice Award – $750
- The Tori McKinney Rock Star Realtor, Plein Air Prize – 2nd Place $500
- The Kensington Choice Award – 3rd Place – $300
- The FCA President’s Prize $250
- The People’s Choice Award $250
Winners are selected by the Plein Air judge(s) except for (a) the “The Young Group Artists Choice Award,” which is chosen by the artist entrants and (b) the “People’s Choice Award,” which is awarded to the artist with the most popular painting as voted by the general public who attend the Festival from 9:00 am to 11:15 am.