Falls Church “Scenes in the City” now in its 8th year
Paint outdoors in Falls Church City
April 6 thru June 9
Kick-off event on Saturday, April 8 (9 am to noon at the Falls Church Farmers Market AND 1 pm to 6 pm at FCA Central, 700 W. Broad St.)
Competition on Saturday, June 10 – 9:30 am to 11:30 pm. Winners announced at noon.
- Go to www.FallsChurchArts.org/shows – see show menu – click “enter the Plein Air Festival”
- Upload one of your recent Plein Air paintings as a sample of your work and pay your one time entry fee online.
- Have supports stamped at a location named below.
$5 per stamp for each artwork support – canvases, papers, etc – prior to doing your work. Notify FCA when and where you are painting and a photographer will take photos of artists at work for promotional purposes and to authenticate you are working “en plein air.”
Support stamping is available at:
- FALLS CHURCH ARTS, 700-B West Broad Street – Mon. – Sat. 11 am to 6 pm
- FCA @ The Falls Church Farmer’s Market, corner of Park Avenue and Little Falls Street – Saturdays, 9 am to noon (weather permitting)
- Art and Frame of Falls Church, 205 West Jefferson Street – Mon. – Sat., 10 am to 6 pm
Members – $27.50, plus $5 per each support stamp
Non-members – $37.50, plus $5 per each support stamp
*a maximum of four 2017 Plein Air “Scenes in the City” artworks can be entered per artist for judging. Other 2017 Plein Air “Scenes in the City” artworks can be for sale and should be turned in for display by 9 am on Saturday, June 10.
Plein Air Prizes*
- Don Beyer Volvo-KIA Plein Air Prize – 1st Place $1,000
- The Young Group Artists Choice Award – $750
- The Tori McKinney Rock Star Realtor, Plein Air Prize – 2nd Place $500
- The Kensington Choice Award – 3rd Place – $300
- The FCA President’s Prize $250
- The People’s Choice Award $250
*prizes as of March 13, 2017
Prize Winners are selected by the Plein Air judge(s) except for (a) the “The Young Group Artists Choice Award,” which is chosen by the artist entrants and (b) the “People’s Choice Award,” which is awarded to the artist with the most popular painting as voted by the general public who attend the Festival from 9:00 am to 11:30 am.