“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” — Pablo Picasso
In early 2017 Falls Church Arts will open its Central Gallery and Classroom at 700 West Broad Street. This new facility will be home to a diverse range of arts events, music, film and instruction and studio arts classes.
Falls Church Arts launched EXPANDING THE ARTS and pARTicipation Programs – the creation and display of art outside the studio and galleries – bringing art to the people and public spaces in our community and encouraging pARTicipation in the arts with The Halloween Paint In, Chalk Walks, etc.. Many of our patrons and artists are familiar with our weekly booth at the Falls Church Farmer’s Market (when weather permits) begun in 2013-14. In our new space this year and also our eighth year at ArtSpace Falls Church we have expanded the availability and variety of art shows and added special programs within these art shows to embellish and strengthen the art experience for the artists as well as the audiences.
FALLS CHURCH ARTS has been awarded grants from The Little City CATCH Foundation to help fund FCA’s pARTicipate program which extends art to the public so they contribute their own creativity to community art at City events in defined spaces and locations, for example Chalk Walks filled with our combined creative efforts at Watch Night, etc. Murals and classes on mural techniques and demonstrations will also be part of this pARTicipate program.
Our new FALLS CHURCH ARTS website has been streamlined and new on line forms and payment systems have also been added
- For signing up and paying online for classes, workshops, etc.
- Note that the FCA Artists Calendar on-line as well as the ON-LINE ENTRY FORM is all inclusive and displays deadline dates, Meet the Artists events
- All FCA Art Show (see SHOWS & EVENTS) descriptions are complete so that artists have plenty of time to prepare their works for upcoming shows, and note dates for Meet the Artists and other events within that particular art show. All dates for Entry Form due dates and Art Drop Off and Pick up are also on SHOW & EVENTS in catalogue.
- Art Instructor biographies are available.
- A map of all class locations including FCA Central and ArtSpace Falls Church and other locations is on the website
- Listing of Capital Campaign Donors, and FCA Sponsors, and Community Partners
- FCA Central – 700 West Broad Schedule
- FCA ArtSpace – 410 S. Maple Ave. Schedule
- Classes, workshop schedules as they are confirmed following confirmation of opening date
- Coming soon Falls Church Arts Academy arts program for youth 8 – 18 – guidelines, dates
- Coming soon Virtual Gallery open to all members to list themselves and photos and links to their sites
- FCA Blog
- Intern Program information
- Artist Opportunities and Resources